*Race window extended due to frigid temperatures*
- Choose to ski at the beautiful trails at Minocqua Winter Park or stay close to home and complete the race on your local trail system!
- All registrants can pick up a goodie bag at the Chalet, which includes a free trail pass, from February 1st through February 15th (at this time we are not able to mail swag bags).
- All registrants will be entered in a random drawing to win prizes from the local businesses!
- A suggested course at Winter Park will be shared, but you are free to put together your own route.
- If you are skiing at Winter Park you must complete your race between 9am and 5pm.
You must ski the race in the technique you signed up for and can only submit your results once. Please be respectful to any day skiers that are enjoying the trails as you race. Wear your bib so others know that you are racing!
We will have suggested courses marked. The distances for both routes are close approximations and may be slightly over or under the target distance depending on your GPS device. Feel free to ski your own personalized route if you’d like!
Please use caution at any road crossings as there will not be course marshals present to stop traffic!
24 Kilometer Classic or Freestyle
This rolling course is a fantastic mix of beginner and intermediate trails and includes the race’s namesake trail: Wolf Tracks. All trails will be skied in the correct direction to avoid collisions with other skiers.
Follow the RED ARROWS on the trail.
42 kilometer Classic or Freestyle
This beautiful marathon route takes you on beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails. The course includes the race’s namesake trail, Wolf Tracks, and a fan favorite, River Run. All trails will be skied in the correct direction to avoid collisions with other skiers.
Follow the BLUE ARROWS on the trails
Thank you to all these sponsors who donated raffle prizes!
registered for 2021 virtual American Birkebeiner events?
We are excited to announce that Winter Park is an official venue partner of the American Birkebeiner! We will be grooming and marking a course just for you! Come on out Feb 20th – 28th for a virtual cure for your Birkie Fever.
Click here for more information!